We love working with so many clients, but we’re particularly proud of our work in the NHS.
Exemplary patient care is a goal that everyone can get behind. But so often healthcare providers feel like they’re squeezed by cuts, financial pressures, operational and clinical demands and constant external scrutiny.
With these challenges comes a significant opportunity to demonstrate great leadership and strength.
We help healthcare organizations develop strong leaders and teams to deliver the best possible care to their patients.
See below a case study for an award winning leadership programme we were proud to co-design and deliver for a large acute
trust in London.
The case study
We were asked to design a new leadership development programme for a cadre of leaders within a leading London NHS healthcare acute Trust who were in senior leadership positions. The typical delegate led either a challenging clinical service area or operational agenda and were responsible for leading and delivering strategic change within a complex and dynamic clinical context. We were asked to design a programme that:
- Creates inspirational leaders who empower and engage their people and drive exceptional performance through highly engaged people
- Develops resilient leaders to thrive in new and constantly changing environments
- Develops the leadership behaviours to support success
- Create a highly connected network of Trust leaders who will work across functional and disciplinary barriers to deliver results.
The programme was designed to have a strengths based theme underpinning each module with an applied and practical application to their unique contexts.
Over the course of ten months, the delegates were exposed to a variety of psychometric tools, frameworks, experiential activities, current leadership thinking and opportunities for deep reflection and achieved the following learning outcomes:
- An understanding of their significant leadership strengths and how productively they are currently applying these in their leadership roles (included multi rater feedback from key stakeholders via 360 feedback)
- Consideration of the unintended consequences of overplayed strengths or strengths in overdrive
- An exploration into the thinking on “authentic leadership” and how to deepen and strengthen their own leadership authenticity
- A deep exploration of their personal leadership “why” and purpose
- Tools to strengthen critical stakeholder relationships
- Developing new habits, tools and approaches to boost resilience during times of pressure and change.
- Strategies to lead people through times of transition
- Skills to deliver challenging conversations (with the support of professional actors)
- Creative exploration of development opportunities which play to strengths outside their current roles across other strategic agendas within the Trust
“I have worked with Ruth for about a year now and in that time she has been exceptional. She is very collaborative and will flex and adapt to suit our needs. She is always very well received by delegates who see her as warm and supportive. I have particularly valued her input on leadership development and coaching. I would not hesitate to recommend her.”Beverley Aylott, Head of Leadership
“I believe that we have created two truly exceptional leadership development programmes and I am very excited about the impact that they will have on the Trust…. thanks for kicking this programme off so brilliantly..”Head of Leadership
“Thank you for another really good day…once again I have taken a great deal away to think about and learn from”Head of Nursing
“I wanted to feedback what a great session yesterday was. It was so useful having the actors there to demonstrate the skills we were discussing…”Director of Finance
“Thank you for a really fun, energising and extremely interesting day on Wednesday. It was a great start to the programme and as I said at the time your really excellent facilitation and support for everyone really set the right tone.”Senior paediatric consultant