My greatest professional pleasure is witnessing coaching clients and training delegates have flashes of insight about their own work: how relating to stickier colleagues or clients can be that much smoother; how their days can be more productive and enjoyable; how they can give the best of themselves to their work.
Providing the structure, focus and encouragement to capture and apply these insights is a privilege. My goal is to help as many people as I can to enjoy their work as they develop their professional skills.
I have learnt lessons from working in environments as diverse as professional services and retailing: managing projects that delivered research systems across a global law firm and advising senior managers on recruitment, restructures and how to best deal with the people management challenges that they face.
As a facilitator, I focus on the provision of training and coaching programmes that enhance professional and interpersonal skills for middle to senior managers. This includes:
- increasing understanding and confidence about how we come across to others
- assisting individuals to identify and appreciate their strengths in order to enhance performance and resilience
- increasing commitment and engagement in collective team working in order to deliver higher value to internal and external customers.
- Increasing the skills and confidence of technically skilled individuals required to operate as people managers.
My standout strengths are: Collaboration, Compassion, Creativity, Critical thinking, Developing others, Empathy, Enthusiasm.
- 11 years’ experience as a training facilitator and professional coach
- 5 years’ experience as an HR and Learning and Development manager for a leading book retailer
- 8 years’ experience as a senior internal consultant and project manager for a ‘Top 5’ global law firm, working across Europe and Asia
- Chartered membership of the CIPD
- M.A., Human Resource Management
- B.A. (Hons) English, first class
- Accredited coach/facilitator of the Strengths Partnerships’s Individual and Team psychometrics; Recruitment, Resilience and Success. Working towards master practitioner.
- Brain Friendly Learning for effective training and coaching session design
- Language and behaviour (LAB) certified practitioner
- Archetypal Analysis for individual and team development
- Licensed ‘Firework’ Career Coach
- Continuous professional development as a coach including: Theoretical Foundations of Coaching; Intuitive Coaching; Certificate of Advanced Coaching Skills
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator psychometric practitioner